Boston Wedding Planning Calendar
If you’re planning a wedding within the next year, this timeline will provide some very helpful guidance. Of course, you’ll be assisted every step of the way by your personal Seaport wedding consultant!
Print this page
8 - 10 Months In Advance
- Send out save-the-date cards or e-mails. This is a particularly good idea if you’re marrying during a holiday season or have a number of out-of-town guests. Please refer to your wedding contract for your cut-off date, the direct telephone number for Seaport reservations and the number of rooms available within your room block.
4 Months in Advance
Personal Wedding Consultant Introduction
- Your Seaport personal wedding consultant will contact you directly to schedule a convenient time for you to meet and discuss your plans.
2-3 Months in Advance
Planning the Rehearsal Dinner and Post Wedding Brunch
- Your wedding consultant will work with you to plan a memorable breakfast or rehearsal dinner for you and your guests.
Wedding Planning and Taste Meal Appointment
- Your personal consultant will guide you through our seasonal menu selections to determine which items you would like to sample. Please allow approximately two hours for this occasion. Up to four guests are invited to the tasting. The goal of this meeting is to discuss and establish an outline of your wedding day, including menu, timeline, floor plan, ballroom décor and shared contact information regarding your vendors.
- For your wedding cake tasting, schedule an appointment directly with your preferred bakery:
- The Icing On The Cake, 617-969-1830
- Konditor Meister Bakery, 781-849-1970
- Montilio’s Bakery, 508-894-8855
- Please inform them you are having a Seaport Wedding and are calling to schedule your tasting appointment.
- You will meet with one of their cake designers who will guide you through flavor selections according to your taste and create your own custom-designed wedding cake. Should you choose to include any design upgrades, these additional charges are to be settled directly with the bakery.
- Your wedding consultant will confirm your wedding cake order with the bakery the week of your wedding.
Complimentary Dance Lesson
2 Months in Advance
- Send out your wedding invitations. Your personal wedding consultant will be happy to confirm the appropriate parking directions for your guests.
1 Month in Advance
Detailed Wedding Packet
- Once your menu and beverage selections have been decided, you will receive your detailed wedding packet of information including a Banquet Event Order that details your menu and beverage service, timeline, a price estimate and a preliminary ballroom floor plan.
- Please review this detailed information for accuracy and note any changes that might have occurred. You will receive two identical packets – one for your files and a second return copy. On the return copy, please make any notations and return to our office with a signature of acknowledgment you have reviewed the information.
1 Week in Advance
Return Signed Wedding Packet
- Please sign and return a copy of your detailed wedding packet to our office.
4 Days In Advance
- Your final guarantee (exact number of guests to be in attendance) is required to be called in to our office no later than 12:00 noon, four business days prior to your reception.
- If you have offered your guests a choice of entrée, we do require that you provide an accurate guarantee of each entrée as part of your final guarantee.
- We will also request that you provide us with an alphabetical master seating list that indicates entrée choice and table assignment for each guest.
3 Days In Advance
- Once you have confirmed the details of your menu and provided us with a final guarantee, you will receive a revised breakdown of the charges. The Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center Boston requires full pre-payment of the balance due 72 hours prior to your event.
2 Days in Advance
- This appointment is scheduled no later than two business days prior to your reception. Please bring items listed as “client to provide” and noted in your wedding packet, including place cards in alphabetical order, cake knife, toast glasses, favors, etc.
- If your wedding ceremony is taking place at Seaport, we also ask that you provide the processional list, as well as a diagram indicating where the people in the processional will stand or sit for the ceremony.