Resources Conservation at the Seaport Boston Hotel
Seaport participates in a number of energy saving programs:
- EnerNOC’s DemandSMART program which provides utility operators with additional capacity during peak demand times as participants, including Seaport, curtail non-essential energy use.
- Amenico’s local program produces a range of renewable products from collected cooking oil. Grease from Seaport’s kitchen traps is collected once a month, recycled and turned into home heating oil. This fuel is used throughout New England.
- Seaport’s toilets have all been retrofitted from 1.6 gallons per flush to 1.28 gallons per flush, saving an estimated 200,000 gallons of water per year. The old toilets were re-purposed and sent to Jamaica, Nicaragua and Haiti.
- As a member of the EPA’s Green Power Partnership, Seaport purchases enough renewable energy credits to offset the electricity to power all 428 guestrooms, 13 guest floors and operation of our four guest elevators for the year.
- By donating used soap bars to The Global Soap Project (since 2009), Seaport has donated over 15, 257 pounds of soap.